Monday, March 12, 2007

sad realization

here's a fact for you: my car is better paid than I am

Based on 1) the fuel economy of the Ford Focus, 2) the rate at which my employer reimburses mileage incurred on the job, and 3) the rate at which my employer reimburses photography interns: My car, driving at 65 mph, actually makes more than twice my hourly wage (even after I pay for the gas). One consequence of this is that when I drove down to UNH to photograph basketball the other day, I made just as much money for the drive there and back (about 4 hours on the road) as I did for the 8 hours I spent on the clock. Now, pictures:

Dear Voting Lady: Thanks for wearing your patriotic hat to go voting today, and also thank you for choosing the sunny voting booth.

To illustrate an column about cellphones, I thought I'd shoot drivers talking on the phone. We didn't end up using any of my stakeout shots, but I was extremely pleased by this one of a guy with not one but two hands on the phone, and smoking a cigarette. If it weren't for the underexposure and the windshield wiper, it would have been perfect.
[photo removed at the request of my employer]
Math prof. If only he had had his hand on the whiteboard, this would have made it into the paper.
[photo removed at the request of my employer]
Lady cop at the basketball game
[photo removed at the request of my employer]

1 comment:

Mark Mulligan said...

That voting booth photo is MONEY!

About This Guy

Grantham, New Hampshire, United States
I take pictures for fun, and sometimes money. Unless otherwise noted, all pictures on this blog are Copyright 2007-2010 The Valley News, or Copyright 2007-2010 Rob Strong. In any event, you must contact me directly to license any images found herein: rob.strong at gmail.com. Don't steal pictures.
Free Website Counter