Thursday, May 10, 2007

the extremely down low

when I took this picture, I was the lowest photographer on earth (non-metaphorically speaking)



Also, I think I have discovered a new Repetitive Stress Injury; I have called it "Photographer's Clavicle", and it results from carrying around a bunch of lenses in a messenger-style bag and a heavy camera all slung across your body over one shoulder. It makes your collarbone wicked sore. If the legal dept of my employer is reading this, and I assume they are, I'll expect to see my worker's comp check in my mailbox any day now.

3 comments:

Mark Mulligan said...

i have one question and several suggestions for you:

1) is that girl wearing floaties in your picture!?

and

2) for your pain, I suggest:

http://www.leica-camera.us/photography/m_system/m8/

or

http://www.newswear.com/mdigitaldetail.htm

Rob Strong said...

Thanks. Think my $30/month medical insurance will cover the M8?

Rob Strong said...

and, yeah, I think she is wearing floaties, but I think it might be ironically... the dead sea makes floaties almost comically unnecessary. You basically float like you're in an easy chair, on account of all the salts. Extremely hard to explain the feeling, or even make it come across in a picture. You need to do it at some point.

About This Guy

Grantham, New Hampshire, United States
I take pictures for fun, and sometimes money. Unless otherwise noted, all pictures on this blog are Copyright 2007-2010 The Valley News, or Copyright 2007-2010 Rob Strong. In any event, you must contact me directly to license any images found herein: rob.strong at gmail.com. Don't steal pictures.
Free Website Counter