Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Volume One

Got the 4x5 out for a shot of Mark and his landlady in hats and jackets. This is just the polaroid, it will be interesting to compare with the black and white when I get it developed.
One of my gracious hosts in Washington DC, Marina McClure, at the National Gallery:

I swear I didn't buy mirrored sunglasses with the intent of taking pictures of myself in them, it just happened that way: [Professional photographer, closed course, do not attempt. ]
Spotted in the town of Odd, West Virginia: (other good town names I drove through or by yesterday in WVa or Kentucky: Stab, Rowdy, Dwarf. The latter two were on the same sign.[CORRECTION: Having looked at the map, the town next to Dwarf is Fisty, which I misread as Feisty and then misremembered as Rowdy. Still, though... Fisty? That's pretty good.])

I lost about 45 minutes to a car crash in West Virginia that blocked traffic. I had just enough time to buy this old furniture store, open a photography studio, and go out of business.:

Call this a cliche picture if you wish, but a man's options are limited when he drives 727 miles in a day. The first 720 took 14 hours, and the last 7 took an hour, thanks to Nashville's decision to take I-65 from four lanes down to one lane, and then once I was funneled into the one lane, to just stop traffic entirely for 10 minutes.

2 comments:

ribble said...

Bob Strong has just invented Modern Sepia.

Next: The World.

Rob Strong said...

shucks, I didn't invent nothing, its just some polaroid film that expired during the Clinton administration

About This Guy

Grantham, New Hampshire, United States
I take pictures for fun, and sometimes money. Unless otherwise noted, all pictures on this blog are Copyright 2007-2010 The Valley News, or Copyright 2007-2010 Rob Strong. In any event, you must contact me directly to license any images found herein: rob.strong at gmail.com. Don't steal pictures.
Free Website Counter