Tuesday, July 24, 2007

IV x V : color

These two updates are from the roadtrip, with the tachihara wooden camera. I'm not convinced yet that I'm very good at scanning color neg film. You are encouraged to click on the small pictures you see now in order to see bigger of the same.

Morro Bay, California. This picture, of all I've shot on the 4x5 so far, comes closest both to how I imagined the photo when I saw the scene & framed the shot, and to the kind of photos I'd like to keep making. Kind of landscapey, but definitely not a nature shot, a little mysterious, but tack sharp and full of detail. Imagine it about five feet high and mounted to an aluminum sheet.

Weird color cast and falloff, right? Not sure, but I think there might be a light leak somewhere in my operation. This the side of a train in Newport, Washington, on the Idaho border. Actually, you can see the same car in the background of this shot.

In or around Roy, New Mexico.

1 comment:

ribble said...

Pretty! New Mexico is good.

About This Guy

Grantham, New Hampshire, United States
I take pictures for fun, and sometimes money. Unless otherwise noted, all pictures on this blog are Copyright 2007-2010 The Valley News, or Copyright 2007-2010 Rob Strong. In any event, you must contact me directly to license any images found herein: rob.strong at gmail.com. Don't steal pictures.
Free Website Counter